Below are available free development tools for assisting in course creation.
- Dropbox: Dropbox is a free cloud service that allows you to sync your photos, documents, and videos across different computer platforms and devices. Once saved to the Dropbox, the files can be accessed on any of your computers, smartphone, or via the Dropbox website. The following links will help you get started with Dropbox.
- Prezi: Prezi is a cloud based presentation software for presenting ideas on a virtual canvas. It opens up a new world between whiteboards and slides by allowing users to zoom in and out of their presentation and navigate through a 2.5D space. The following links will help you get started with Prezi.
- Wordle: Wordle is a top for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like.
- CutePDF: CutePdf allows you to create PDF files from any printable document, save PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat Reader, make PDF booklets, impose, and rearrange pages and much more.
- Audacity: Audacity is a free, open-source, cross-platform software program for recording and editing sounds. It is a great tool for recording and editing audio content for online delivery.
- TeacherTube: TeacherTube is an educator and student friendly site for sharing the best content including educational videos, documents, audio and photos for your classroom, staff, and campus.
- Google Docs: GoogleDocs is a free web-based office suite offered as part of the Google Drive service. It allows users to create, share, and collaborate on the web with documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.