Instructional Design Support
The Distance Learning Instructional Design team is available to assist with:
- Development of instructional materials and products for technology-based redesign of courses.
- Mentoring of faculty on how to use instructional technology effectively or to use best practices to integrate technology with teaching.
- Conducting a needs assessment and strategic learning assessment to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula.
- Designing instructional aids for hybrid and online courses.
- Designing learning products, including web-based aids or electronic performance support systems.
- Planning, shooting and producing video materials for use in online and hybrid courses.
- Providing guidance on the closed captioning process
Each Instructional Designer is assigned to work with faculty in a specific college. Please contact your college’s Instructional Designer if you have questions or need assistance:
- Bagwell College of Education: Walt Justice
- Coles College of Business: Robert Swift
- College of Architecture and Construction Management:
- College of Computing and Software Engineering: Robert Swift
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Tiffani Reardon
- College of Sciences and Mathematic: Dale Suffridge
- College of the Arts: Robert Swift
- Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology:
- University College: Robert Swift
- WellStar College of Health and Human Services: Robert Swift