The following content creation tools are available to faculty to assist in the development of online courses. If you have any questions regarding the use of these programs, please contact your academic college's Instructional Designer, or the Distance Learning Center directly.
- Camtasia Studio: Camtasia is a screen-capture video tool for creating screen-captured movies, narrated PowerPoint presentations, training videos, etc. Camtasia allows you to record exactly what is on your screen, record your voice while browsing through your presentation, and lastly create a polished final product.
- Panopto: Panopto is an all-in-one lecture-capture video platform which brings video recording, webcasting, video content management, search, editing and more to any laptop or iOS device.
- SoftChalk: With SoftChalk, instructors can create a template to standardize the look and navigation for one or several courses in a program. SoftChalk integrates with D2L Brightspace for a seamless integration. SoftChalk also allows instructors to easily create practice quizzes and tests as well as course ebooks.
- Blackboard Collaborate: Blackboard Collaborate is a simple, convenient, and reliable online collaborative learning solution which delivers a level of engagement that makes learners feel like they're together in the same room via collaboration and conference tools. Collaborate is available inside of your course D2L Brightspace shell.
- SnagIt: SnagIt is a screenshot capture program that replaces the native print screen function with additional features. It can be used to capture either still screenshots or videos. If you would like to have SnagIt on your computer, please contact your department and UITS for licensing and installation.
- Respondus: Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing quizzes, exams, or surveys that can be printed to paper or published directly to Desire2Learn. Respondus includes the ability to import questions from either MS Word or Notepad format. Simply create an exam in either MS Work or Notepad and use Respondus’ exam wizard to create an assessment in minutes.
For additional information, or a complete listing of available tools, please click here to visit the UITS Documentation Center.