Online Course Submission Deadlines
Please read through the below information regarding course submission deadlines. Questions can be directed to the Distance Learning Center.
New Online Courses:
- Online course submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. Upon receipt, review, and approval of the completed QM Course Worksheet, reviewers will be assigned to the course. Upon the successful completion of the review process (2-3 weeks), a course can be opened for registration.
- Fully developed courses expected to open for early registration for the upcoming term
should be submitted no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of early registration
for that term.
- Spring 2018 Course Submission Date is Oct. 1, 2017
- Courses planned for future semesters that do not need to meet the early registration deadline can be submitted at any time for any upcoming semester, but faculty developers should be aware that courses planned to open for early registration receive priority in the review queue.
- Courses must be fully reviewed and certified prior to being opened for registration. If a course does not successfully complete the review process, the course will be placed on a registration hold pending updates, re-submission, and certification.
- Please Note: Even if a course is submitted in the suggested time frame for an upcoming semester, the Distance Learning Center cannot guarantee the course will be successfully reviewed prior to the opening of early registration. It is advised courses are developed and submitted as soon as possible for upcoming semesters to allow adequate time for approval and review.
Courses Submitted for Re-Review:
- Online courses should be submitted for re-review every three years or anytime the content has been changed more than 15%.
- Online courses due for re-review should be submitted by one month after the deadline for new courses in the semester they are due for re-review. In other words, if the submission deadline for a new course being offered in spring is Oct. 1, then a course due for re-review in fall semester should be submitted no latter than Nov. 1.