Distance Learning Course and Review Request
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Please Read Completely
- Please use the below form to request a D2L section for developing an online or hybrid course, or to submit a course for review or re-review. If you need a D2L section for any other reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- If you have previously submitted this form to start the course certification process,
please do not submit it again to signal your course is ready for review.
- If you have previously submitted this form to receive a QM worksheet or D2L shell, such as when developing a new course, simply submit the QM Course Worksheet to signal the course is ready for review.
- If your course has been developed in D2L and is ready for review or re-review, then submit this form to receive the QM Course Worksheet.
When filling out the form, please ensure all required information is provided. Any request with an asterick is required and failure to submit that information will result in the form producing an error message. Please ensure you receive the Thank You message prior to closing the page.
- When filling out the form, please ensure all provided information is correct. We cannot change any information about the course in QM without deleting the course information completely.
- You must have Department Chair approval to be guaranteed payment for developing a course. Individual colleges provide compensation arrangements for course development, and developing a course without approval can result in denial of payment. Compensation for developing an online course is an agreement between the faculty member and his/her college and does not involve the DLC.
- Courses must be fully certified prior to opening for registration. The Distance Learning Center strongly recommends courses be fully developed and submitted for QM certification one month prior to the opening of early registration of the semester the course will be offered.
- Instructors must be online teaching certified to teach an online course. If an instructor is not online teaching certified, he/she will not be paid the online teaching stipend for any students in the course.
- We welcome course developer input on the review process through requested preferences
for the review team. Please note, however, that in order to complete the review process as quickly as
possible, not every request can be honored. This is especially true for last minute
submissions, so we suggest submitting as early as possible if you have specific review
- Please note: Not every faculty member is a certified peer reviewer and therefore cannot review courses. For a current list of Certified Peer Reviewers for review teams, please check this spreadsheet.
If you have any questions regarding this form or the review process, please contact the Distance Learning Center prior to submitting the form.