The Online Course Facilitation Program (OCFP) workshop is a four-week fully online program providing participants with the necessary competencies to facilitate an online course by balancing both technical and pedagogical aspects. In this program, participants will become familiar with the Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace Learning Management system and will receive hands-on experience in updating the course content in D2L Brightspace. This program will provide best practices for communicating with students including experience grading and providing feedback to effectively support students in their online courses. Successful completion of the OCFP workshop will provide faculty members with KSU Online Teaching Certification.
Upon successful completion of the Online Course Facilitation Program, participants will be able to:
- Copy and prepare a course for editing
- Update and change course content and manage course calendar and dates
- Prepare communications for course interactions
- Grade submissions and provide feedback to students
- Understand copyright and accessibility guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of best practices in online teaching.
The OCFP Registration for Summer 2018, is now closed.