Instructional Designer, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- In Progress: MS, Applied Computer Science, University of West Georgia
- MS, Instructional Design and Technology, Georgia State University
- BA, English, Kennesaw State University
- Office: Social Sciences Building, Room 5007B
- Phone: 470-578-7923
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Distance Learning Administration Wagner Award, Pearson Outstanding Instructional Support Award for outstanding achievements in developing and implementing projects to improve support and services for distance students and faculty, 2016
- Georgia State University College of Education and Human Development Learning Technologies Division, Outstanding MS Student Award for academic achievement, teaching expertise, community service, and a commitment to excellence 2016
- "Open Educational Resources: a Cost and Copyright Analysis." Distance Learning Administration Conference Proceedings. June 2016. http://www.westga.edu/~distance/dla/pdf/2016-DL-PROCEEDINGS-updated.pdf
- Sexy Technical Communication. with Tamara Powell, Jonathan Arnett, Monique Logan, and Cassandra Race. June 2016. http://ode.hss.kennesaw.edu/technicalcommunication
- "Advanced Faculty Professional Development for Online Course Building: An Action Research Project." Internet Learning Journal 4.2 (2015): 103-118. with Griselda Thomas, Vanessa Slinger-Friedman, Chris Randall, Philip Aust, Joe Terantino, and Tamara Powell. http://ipsonet.org/publications/open-access/internet-learning/volume-4-number-2-fall-2015
- Presenter, "Open Educational Resources: A Cost and Copyright Analysis." Distance Learning Administration conference, Jekyll Island, GA, June 20, 2016.
- Awardee and Speaker, Distance Learning Administration conference awards reception, Jekyll Island, GA, June 19, 2016.
- Discussion leader, Higher Education eDesign Association ThinkTank Confernece, Washington, DC, April 7-8, 2016.
- Featured Speaker, "Creating and Incorporating OER." Design Matters web event by Affordable Learning Georgia, March 23, 2016.
- Hostess, "Student Panel." The Unconference: KSU's Online Learning Day, March 4, 2016.
- Presenter, "Sexy Technical Communication." Reimagining the Textbook by Affordable Learning Georgia, Macon, GA, February 19, 2016. with Tamara Powell and Jonathan Arnett.
- Presenter, "Shared Experiences and Common Goals: Teaching Online Around the World," Online Educa Berlin, Berlin, Germany, December 4, 2015. with Tamara Powell, Alexandra Mihai, Jeannette Schmid, Vanessa Slinger-Friedman, and Stephen Bartlett.
- Presenter, "Gratuit! Open Educational Resources in Foreign Languages Education," Georgia Educational Technology Conference, Atlanta, GA, November 5, 2015.
- Presenter, "Global Library," 19th Annual Symposium of Student Scholars and Undergraduate Research, Kennesaw, GA, April 17, 2014.
- Co-principle investigator and instructional designer, 2015 Affordable Learning Georgia Textbook Transformation Grant $30,000 for Sexy Technical Communication with Tamara Powell, Jonathan Arnett, Monique Logan, and Cassandra Race.
- Co-principle investigator and instructional designer, 2015 Affordable Learning Georgia Textbook Transformation Grant $10,800 for an online course development for the Sociology OpenStax textbook with Daniel Farr.