The Distance Learning Center supports student success in digital learning environments by providing professional learning and support services to faculty for courses and programs. Focus is placed on collegiality, recognition of faculty as subject matter experts, and research-based instructional design practices.
- Support for the creation of high quality courses whether online, hybrid, or technology enhanced face to face
- Accessibility in online, hybrid ,and face to face courses
- Online course certification
- Online teaching certifications for faculty
- Affordable learning efforts (open educational resources, open pedagogy)
- Universal Design for Learning initiatives
- Multimedia design and accessibility
- Individual assignment redesign assistance
- One on one instructional design consultations and assistance'
- Digital badging and prior learning assessments
- Academic Testing Services
I think the support from the Distance Learning Center and others across campus is great. I never thought I would do this but it was a great experience that has helped me think about my face to face course too. -- Coles College of Business
This was a worthwhile experience to me as an instructor, a faculty member and an educational leader. I am so glad that I signed up for this experience - it was wonderful. - Bagwell College of Education